Home » » New Motorcycle Technology

New Motorcycle Technology

1974_indian_motorcycle
Remember the days when you could look under the hood of a automobile and see the ground beneath the engine? Now days, the actual estate under the hood is so crowded, you cannot even see the wheel wells. Motorcycles have evolved in a similar fashion. My first bicycle was a 1974 Indian knock off from Taiwan. It was a simple stroke motor with a carburetor, points and condenser, an intake and exhaust-pipe, a kick start, and drum brakes. I could take that bicycle apart and reassemble it in a couple of hours. I had several other rides, both street and dirt over the years since that first bicycle.


Scott_2010
Fast forward to 2006 and my first Harley. It was a brand spanking new Dyna Wide Glide that I had personalized in to a unique expression of what I desired to ride and who I desired to be when I was on it. It was a icy looking bicycle and people said I looked icy riding it. It had an exhaust note that could force an involuntary bowel movement from unsuspecting near bystanders when I crooked the throttle. After years and 40,000 miles on the Wide Glide, the desire for icy had been overtaken by the desire for comfort. I am no poser. I ride. OK, ignore that photograph on the right of me sitting on the Wide Glide and re-read that statement. My point is I am not of those guys who finally gets permission from his spouse to buy a Harley, has the dealer ride it home for him, parks it in the garage, and puts a few hundred miles a year on it.

Fast forward again to 2010 and think about my new Harley. It is a pretty FLTRX Road Glide Custom bathed in what Harley calls Scarlett red paint, that I named Hester. Compared to my elderly bikes, this thing had everything when I rode it off the dealer lot; dual ABS disk brakes, cruise control, electronic fuel injection, and adjustable air suspension. Still, I added more. I knew when I bought Hester that he would be my ticket to comfort on long road journeys. but the stock stool and handlebars were woefully uncomfortable. I had the stool modified with memory foam for butt relief on extended periods of riding. I installed handlebars that reach back to the rider position better so I don't must stretch and lean over to ride the damn thing. The exhaust I installed eliminates the the catalytic converter, which drops the temperature significantly while providing a hearty warning bark when I twist the throttle to alert clueless cagers of my propinquity to them. In a stroke if pure vanity, I painted the inner fairing and dash area to match the bright red finish. Those modifications are nice, but my favourite additions are the electronic devices.

Action to avoid plagiarism please read further about this New Motorcycle Technology, in Motorcycle Technology - Gadgets & Toys for the Bike

0 Comments :